Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Elmo

This little, furry red monster may just be my daughter's first great love! I used to think someone who spent $60 on a Tickle Me Elmo doll was nuts until now. I thought her enjoyment of a toy like that would last a week or two so I picked up an older version of a singing Elmo for $10 or $12 at a consignment sale... that was over 6 months ago! Needless to say it was worth every single penny spent three times over.

 


The reason I bring this up is that I have started to think about Addie's, all too quickly approaching, 2nd Birthday... (the fact that my baby is about to be two is an entirely different monster). I didn't do much for her first party but then again she had no interest in cake and slept through half of it. This time I think she might understand some of what is going on so I've started to look up inspiration. I really am not one for themes or anything in-your-face but have seen some fabulous parties online. With this, I might find the reason to sign up for another online site - Pinterest. I have done this since before I was pregnant, collecting images and pasting them in Word Docs and physical file folders but apparently it is time to get with the times - ha! I just can't seem to find the time to sit down and do it (or much of anything for that matter).  Stay tuned for my collection of cute Elmo desserts, party decorations and dresses!

No comments: