Saturday, April 14, 2012

Racefest

Like with Corporate Cup I met my training buddy at 6:00 AM to get in mileage before the half marathon so when we crossed the finish line we were done for the weekend. That moment was great but this was one of the toughest runs I have had all training. Ran a little over 7 miles to the starting point of Charlotte Racefest, which means while a thousand people around me were on mile 6 I was in the teens. Not sure if it was the packed & hilly course, sparse crowd support or just mental fatigue but I finished this half in 1:52:05. The time itself is solid but I must admit to being slightly disappointed. Was hoping for 4 or 5 minutes faster so would have a good boost into the final countdown. Regardless...



Last long run down! Let the taper begin!
Ready of not Cincinnati, here I come!

No comments: