Saturday, May 12, 2012

Project in Progress

I informed Jim that for Mother's Day I wanted to do "my" outdoor chalkboard project. It was a beautiful weekend so everyone enjoyed being outside and since it really was a full family affair that made me happy.

The supplies ran more then the project guide I had seen but we both agreed that the magnetic primer will be a fun addition. I took forever to pick out the right shade of bright outdoor paint while Jim critiqued the plywood sheets to try and get the smoothest one possible. All while Addie was able to run up and down the oversized aisles to hers heart's content.

Supplies

The frame

Pre-drilling holes

Mounting this thing was much harder then you would think

Making sure everything is level

Cheese daddy!

2 coats of outdoor sealer on the back & 2.5 coats of magnetic primer on the front complete.

Unfortunately it will be a few weeks before we can officially check this off as complete. (Busy weekends in and out of town.) We are wasting no time though and are already playing with some magnets out there. Looking forward to being able to draw on it so be sure to check back for our first masterpiece though.

No comments: