Sunday, September 22, 2013

Like Daughter, Like Mother

I am now a triathlete too! Ramblin' Rose is the perfect first tri... the distance is very doable plus it wasn't a competitive atmosphere just a supportive one. Since it was a beginner race I actually did quite well, 4/81 in my age group and 18/673 overall. Mostly though I learned a lot and look forward to doing another one next year as well as (possibly) attempting to climb the triathlon ladder*.

Clockwise: 1, Emily & I post race needed to send the mutual friend that introduced us a picture, 2, my bike, one of the many things I borrowed for the race, 3, Kori and I setting up our transition station before the race began, 4, my finishers medal, 5, the three of us at our celebratory lunch
 

*Triathlon races vary in distance. The main race distances are:
  1. Sprint Distance - 750 meter (.465 mi) swim, 20 kilometer (12.5 mi) bike, 5 kilometer (3.1 mi) run
  2. Intermediate (or Standard) Distance; commonly referred to as "Olympic Distance" - 1.5 kilometer (.93 mi) swim, 40 kilometer (25 mi) bike, 10 kilometer (6.2 mi) run
  3. Long Course; commonly referred to as 70.3 or "Half-Ironman" - 1.9 kilometer (1.2 mi) swim, 90 kilometer (56 mi) bike, and a half-marathon: 21.1 kilometer (13.1 mi) run
  4. Ultra Distance; commonly referred to as 140.6 or "Ironman" - 3.8 kilometer (2.4 mi) swim, 180.2 kilometer (112 mi) bike, and a full marathon: 42.2 kilometer (26.2 mi) run.

No comments: