Monday, November 18, 2013

Yellow Band

The piece of yellow elastic around her next may not seem like much but let me assure you, it is a big deal!

Addie & Samantha have been taking swim lessons with "Coach Dave, THE WAVE!" {I need to upload a video of her saying his name!} In 8 lessons she has learned how to float on her back, float on her tummy, tread water and just SWIM! The yellow bands grants her access to the slide but mostly it means confidence and freedom... for us both! I no longer have to be within arms reach of her.

I was so proud of her, I could hardly stand it! She is pretty proud of herself too and has worn her yellow band to school the entire week. We start another round of swim lessons in January. Warning: I might cry whenever she earns her green band because there will be no denying how grown up she is.


She got to pick out where she wanted to go for a special treat. I thought for sure ice cream at Chick-fil-A or even a bagel from Panera but she asked to go to Suarez Bakery for a sugar cookie! Well deserved!


No comments: