Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Comfort Foods

What is it about certain foods that just makes me happy?  Is it nostalgia, sweet indulgence or just simple convenience?

I come from and married into families where every event revolves around a meal. Yes, I was once the pickiest eater to walk this planet and yes, I do have food allergies but bottom line is I love food! I might even go so far as to say I am transforming into somewhat of a snob. I buy organic when possible, love things grown locally, dinning at non-chain/local restaurants and am a proud 837 member at The Palm but there is something about eating a spoon full of peanut butter directly out of the jar that just improves my day. True Soul Food!

Other ways just this week that food has made my day: (performed a random act of kindness) surprised the contractors with ice cream on a hot day, (lent a helping hand) brought dinner to new parents and had dinner out with the girls (time away keeps me sane and makes me a better mommy).

No comments: