Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thunder Road

My ankle injury, a topic I was too upset to previously blog about, kept me from plenty this fall! I had to drop out of 2 soccer leagues, miss the Salem Lake 30k and lost 2 months of training which knocked me back from the full marathon to the half. With that, it was still a personal record and more importantly that time was 5 minutes faster then Jim's top finish! Don't get me wrong I am excited about my time (1:43:20), but it also makes me crazy to think what I could have done had I not gotten hurt! Completing a full marathon is still at the top of my "Bucket List" and a new plan/2012 race schedule is already being formulated. On the immediate radar is the Greensboro Gobbler... look out Tom, I am ready to take your title away now.


A special thank-you to my wonderful cheerleaders today who managed to catch me 3 times along the course. This little one was a great sport. She danced along to the band at the finish line while mom & dad enjoyed a post-race beverage but only after insisting I hold her for a little while. Who can resist that?

No comments: