The books were better and nobody will be up for an Academy Award for their work in the film but in spite of the teenage girls sitting in front of us that giggled and commented throughout the entire movie I still enjoyed it. The reason I even write this post is because it seems crazy fans of this movie are pretending to be engaged so they can try on the knock-off of Bella's wedding dress - article here. You can even purchase replicas of the engagement ring and her hair comb! (Too bad I actually like this necklace.)
Maybe I am not all that far removed from these creators target audience after all?! I tore through the Harry Potter books (plus would like to have the DVD box set), then gobbled up Twilight and now am about to start reading The Hunger Games. It has been on my radar (and in my Kindle cart) since a college buddy dubbed it one of her favorites. I hate to admit it, but the movie trailer is what motivated me to finally click purchase. I just don't find time to read anymore but I have until March to read one book - I can do that!Once I get back in the swing on things, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is on deck. Any other suggestions? Read or watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment