When we are constantly turning on the news to hear one awful story after another it is no surprise we teach children not to talk to strangers. Better safe then sorry, right?! However, I am happy to report there are still people out there willing to take time out of their life to come to the aid of a complete stranger.
Leaving a workshop today, on my way to pick up Addie I hit dead stopped traffic. After sitting for a little while I started to get worried that I would never make it to get her on time. I made a decision (a bad one in hindsight), but several other cars had successfully made the U-turn through the grass so off I went. Another hindsight moment, I should have taken the dip with some speed but since I proceeded so slowly I had zero momentum to make it up the incline and got stuck in some unseen mud.
To the first gentleman that pulled off the road, a special thank you to you for taking it upon yourself to help me and for staying with me until the end. To the second gentleman that stopped, thank you for putting me above keeping your nice work clothes clean. Finally thank you to the pair of gentlemen for not simply thinking "someone else is already helping to take care of it". Without all of you I would not have made it!
I didn't catch any one's name or even properly thank them because as I started to slow down they yelled "go, go, keep going!"... to avoid getting stuck again. I was only able to wave and shout THANK YOU out my window as I kicked up mud and drove off. While I know true kindness seeks no return I hated leaving my angels in disguise and blankets & reusable shopping bags (used for footing) on the side of Billy Graham. I know I will probably never see any of them again but I hope all the people that did drive by saw what I did... the best of human nature.
Would I have gotten out of my car and done the same? Sad to say, as a female traveling alone, I would not have but the act of kindness was not wasted and I am truly grateful. I hope I can make someone's day like you did for me. Thank you again!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment