Saturday, August 25, 2012

Everyone Wins!

This weekend we headed to Greensboro to spend some much overdue time with Grandma, my dad's mom who "the boys" and "little girls" had not yet met (more of that later). Friday, as I was packing up to hit the road I just happened to notice there was a race the next morning in Greensboro. A few reasons I immediately knew I could not miss it: 1 - it was only a mile or two from my parent's house, 2 - they had a Fun Run, 3 - it looked fairly flat so could actually try and win it, and 4 - most importantly, the proceeds would be going to Backpack Beginnings! This is a friend's non-profit so I was thrilled to be able to support her, the cause and see those friends. It was the perfect storm, but in a positive way and I will be keeping my eye out for the Kirkwood 5k again next year.


RESULTS: Addie had a blast with the Fun Run, dancing to the music and even mustered up the courage to brave the crowd and play in a bounce house! She ran the fun run with great enthusiasm as well as received much enthusiasm from her cheerleaders - Jim and Mo from the sidelines and me jogging behind her.
I got a new PR on record (21:21), was the second or third female to finish the race and won my division (Females 30-39)! We both won medals.


We also both beat the women/her child who ruined Jim's video of Addie's Fun Run finish. He was so mad and then so proud! :-)

No comments: