Have you ever wondered how Santa could know if you're naughty or nice each year as you grow? For hundreds of years it's been a big secret. It now can be shared if you promise to keep it.
Well we began the new Christmas tradition tonight, reading the book as a family and trying to explain the concept to Addie. She did come up with a name (Udu) but then she immediately wanted to open the box to play with it?! So whether it will work or not is highly debatable but I plan to at least hide the little elf each night for her to find in the morning. As always, there are plenty of ideas on Pinterest but I don't really want our new elf friend being so mischievous. (Mostly I don't want to create a mess just to then clean up - ha!)
The coordinating website is cute... we got a Certificate of Adoption as well as a letter from Santa. I won't be purchasing paraphernalia but will record/watch "An Elf's Story" on CBS on December 14.
However Udu plays out, I do look forward to Christmas starting to be magical for her!

No comments:
Post a Comment