In recognition for donations made to the Harris YMCA's Community Support Campaign dancers get to put their hand prints and name on the studio walls for a year. I know I work at the Y but it really is a fantastic organization with a strong commitment to bettering its direct community. As a member I used to feel guilted into donating. {Come one, we "give" monthly in the form of dues.} Now that I work there though, I get to see what all that money really does. Yes, membership fees go toward keeping the lights & heat on in the building, etc while every single dollar raised thru Community Support is put directly into action thru amazing programs like Beyond Limits, H.O.P.E., YReaders and Room in the Inn. As parents, we really hope to instill a sense of empathy and giving into Addie and think this is one of those things she will remember as she gets older. I hope so, and when she thinks back that the little light bulb will go off at the same time.

No comments:
Post a Comment