Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Soccer Shots

No picture of her during practice because she spent most of it attached to my leg. It was an uphill battle to begin with but that doesn't mean I didn't try to get her to participate. Camp is fun but exhausting and she fell asleep on the way home today. First strike against us, I had to wake her from a nap to go. Then, we all know this one needs transition time and I rushed her over there because was trying to be on time which was the second mistake. Now she was already upset and since we were late I didn't have any prep time with her which was my third mistake. Not to mention this was an entirely new activity with someone she had never met.

By the end of it she did except the end of practice reward (a single Mike-and-Ike) and gave the coach a high five... which is really all I could have asked for! Then we followed the rest of the "team" to the playground where she was all smiles. At least we ended on a happy note!


No comments: