Sunday, October 20, 2013

Bull City

First off THANKS Molly & Lane for having us for a visit. Sorry it has taken so long to get up there to see you (and just as long to write a short post). The basic details: We dropped munchkin in Greensboro on the way up so were really able to enjoy hanging out and hopping to a few places. I was also very impressed with the inaugural Bull City Race Fest & Food Truck Rally. Yes this was a combo of some of my favorite things... my family, running, local food and beer! The race also had a costume contest which I think we should all plan on participating in next year.

Since the marathon in April, I have really dailed back the intensity of my running. I actually had only run around 10 miles a few times in the past 5 months and at a relaxed pace. I have told myself that I would like to always be able to run a Half Marathon and this weekend ended up putting that to the test. I had originally signed up for the 5 mile option along with everyone else. However, the friend who first brought the race to my attention was going to be unable to participate anymore. She was signed up for the half which left me with 2 bibs and the option to go a little further. I actually wore both bibs so would technically have the option to decide last minute. Rebecca logged a good half time and Ashley logged the 3rd slowest time for the 5 mile (1hr 39min)... I was surprised "I beat" anyone.

No comments: