Saturday, March 29, 2014

Hand-Me-downs

Since Addie will be taking over the current guest room, it was necessary to take all the clothes out of that closet. I told myself I could not move any item into my closet without trying it on and really plan to wear. So my new project begun - go through and purge my closet of things I need to stop hanging onto. I finally admitted that I am not going to take business attire to get altered. Even if they fit better, I can wear yoga pants to work for goodness sakes! I also certainly do not need to have bridesmaid dresses from weddings 10 years ago. Pictured to the left, Addie is modeling a windbreaker I wore in high school, YES HIGH SCHOOL! {Stop the hording tendencies!}

First I donated a few dresses to Prom Project. Then I took a huge stack of clothes to JT Posh, a high end consignment shop, to sell. While they only took 4 items, 3 have sold and I made an easy $54.  I took that same stack to Clothes Mentor but they had similar high standards so only made $9 on a single sundress. {I have now seen the light!} None of the original stack of clothes were allowed back into my closet! I have started trying on more and more things and have 2 new stacks forming... one for consignment and another for Goodwill. Not to be dramatic, but it is very freeing!

No comments: