Friday, January 6, 2017

We will miss you Nonnie

Today we celebrated and wept as we laid to rest our beloved Nonnie. {Please read her obituary.} The services at the cemetery and at the church were both wonderful. From the table her urn was placed on in the mausoleum, the Hymn of Promise Taylor Rankin sang, to the gorgeous flower arrangements and happy pictures that filled the Asbury Room, everything was done so well. The only thing missing was her, and she forever will be missed.

Afterwards we all headed to Nonnie & Jerry's house and I didn't want to be anywhere else. Being the fabulous hostess Betty Ann was, she had one last party at her amazing home. It was filled with loved ones and lots of food, which is just how she preferred it. Her house is one of my favorite places on this earth. The property is something out of a garden magazine but it's best attribute is the love you feel the moment you walk inside. I found myself laughing and crying over so many wonderful memories that revolve around her and I made one more watching the little girls run around that yard playing hide-n-seek. The only reason we forced ourselves to leave was due to the winter weather. The huge snowflakes were beautiful and serene but Molly made an excellent point saying how Heaven needed all the sunshine it could get to welcome her. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that makes you feel more beautiful and special then Nonnie. I am thankful for all the years I was able to have her but it truly warms my heart that she was able to meet both of my girls. I will never forget telling her I was pregnant the first time and making her a great-grandmother.


I believe this is the last picture I have of her, ooo-ing over baby Nina at Easter. Who else can still hear her sweet voice, "Hey there darling"?! Oh, how I love you!!!

No comments: