Monday, January 9, 2017

All is well from the latest well visit

The results are in and she is officially the happiest baby around! So much of parenting seems to be about the numbers. The doctor gives you height, weight etc percentiles and I find myself craving this information but it is a set up to immediately start comparing how your kid and therefore you as a parent stack up. Theodore Roosevelt said "comparison is the thief of joy". Comparing your life, job, fitness, closet (fill in any blank) only serves to create competition instead of community! My wish for you darling is to not let this be the case! You are perfect and we count our blessings everyday your infectious smile is in our lives!



Granted I am posting this late and hindsight is always 20/20 but love the message all the same and could not believe I had not clicked publish on these ridiculously cute pictures.

P.S. Oh the simple joys of tissue paper!

No comments: