Friday, December 1, 2017

Pity Party Over

It's taken me awhile to get passed, step back and gain the needed perspective on what was an extremely painful race, both physically and mentally! While I am epically disappointed in my time I had an awesome trip to the Windy City with amazing people! The clock cannot show the months of great training, tears & bad words I fought thru but never quit (even picked up and pushed an older gentleman to not quit either), the money raised for an amazing cause and how much I love my grandmother. Thank you to so many for reminding me that being strong doesn't always look the same and every finish line deserves celebrating. Some days it's simply about putting one foot in front of the other and that is okay!


There were a few good pictures. I remember literally wiping tears, taking a deep breath and putting on a happy face for the camera (why you cannot believe everything poeple put out there on social media) but this one is accurate of my race experience... head down and just pushing.

8 comments:

Whitley said...

Could NOT love you more! And your still look amazing Ash

Tim Reitz said...

Chin up! Always a rockstar!

Sara Finzen said...

You are inspiring, Ashley! one foot in front of the other is right!

Jake Reichert said...

Marathons can be so humbling and so rewarding at the same time. A finish line is a finish and something to enjoy. Boston up next!

Ashley Marques said...

You know you love something when it can cause you so much pain and such joy yet you keep coming back!

Lisa Landrum said...

Bad runs happen to us all. You didn't quit, and that's what matters, so be proud of your accomplishment even if the time isn't what your wanted.

Kathy Smith said...

you ARE a star!!!

Renee Spero said...

You go strong girl! Be proud!