Today munchkin and I ran our first road race together! We participated in the CPCC Skyline 5k and ran with our friends Becky & Samantha and Tara & Norah - Go Team Hot Mamas!
They started the joggers in the front of the race which was a neat experience because they gave us a couple minute head start. Our mommy/daughter team signed up just for fun so were surprised when a man in an adaptive wheelchair and two with joggers took off sprinting as well as a woman with a double stroller following close behind. We weren't concerned with maintaining our lead, it was just nice not having to weave through the masses. The enjoyment of having the road all to ourselves (and pretending we were winning) was short lived though because soon the mob came charging past us. I don't think I would have thought it was so hilly, had I not been pushing close to 50 pounds. The route did end with a nice long stretch downhill though, another nice surprise because races always seem to end uphill in Charlotte.
| POST-RACE LOOT! |
The morning wasn't over yet though... it topped off with a celebratory breakfast with the dads. I love having lots of places to eat in our neighborhood. This time we tried the newest place, Chickadees. The best part, my big girl stayed in her seat the ENTIRE meal, which was a true feat because it took almost an hour to be served.
No comments:
Post a Comment