In attempt to keep Addie entertained on a quick trip to the grocery store, this idea came to me. She always does better when she has a task to focus on and I thought this would be fun for both of us. She was all about it, even buckled baby in when I put them on the sidewalk. As we started to receive awww's and cute comments, I was silently patting myself on the back for turning the trip for one missing dinner ingredient into an adventure. Yes, I had to put a few things back on the shelves when she wasn't looking but it was worth it to watch her. Next we passed the veggie and applesauce squeezes which I said yes to her "momma peas" (translation=please). I love these portable snacks but they get slurped up in one minute. Of course the pleas for "more" came next and before I could put the receipt in my pocket a meltdown began. Before she could cause a scene I scooped her up under my arm, hunched over her cart and was outside. I did get 2 offers for help (mother's probably recalling similar accounts) which I should have taken but Addie gets her strong will from a few places and I had it under control! I do still love this picture though.
No comments:
Post a Comment