Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hit The Brixx

Another race I signed all my family up for and another sign I am a nut case! I ran to the race, did the 10k, meet Jim after that for the 5k then we hung around to cheer Addie on in the Fun Run. At the end of the day I would have probably ran less had I just signed up for a half marathon but it was nice to get to indulge my competitive side and still enjoy running as a family. (By the way, I am not forcing my child into anything. She really DOES enjoy these things, even cheers and tells you to run faster... not that she looks it here.)


Addie was excited to have her buddies, Samantha & Norah, run this race with her. All the girls decided to hold hands which was precious at first until Samantha got tripped up and took a spill. The other two were quick to "pick her back up" and we all just kept cheering... probably the only reason there were no tears. Love these three!



We hung around a little while after the race but decided it was worth is to go out to eat all together versus fight the crowds for the free pizza and beer post-race. (Proof we are old!)

No comments: