I cannot seem to get a video to actually upload to be a part of this posting but had to publish so all of you could see how precious of a serenade I received today (and a few times at that). ENJOY THIS!
After breakfast, Jim and I headed out to the U.S. National Whitewater Center. I had hoped to spend the entire day there, maximizing the All Day Pass, but the rain held us up a little bit. Even though we just did two activities they were more then enough to fill the day. First we headed to one of the high ropes activities for Canyon Crossing and then we hit the whitewater, for some Rodeo Rafting. Our guide was politely apprehensive about this being out first time rafting there. I didn't see the big deal but we quickly learned this truly was a giant step up from their classic, Adventure rafting. We probably spent an equal amount of time swimming the rapids as we did paddling them. It lives up to its description as extreme. Before we even rafted our guide had us jump out and swim the first rapid then prove we could get back into the raft by ourselves. I found it to be an awesome experience but not something I will be recommending to many people. It really was a "we survived" sort of fun. Maybe I am secretly trying to hold on to my youth?!

No comments:
Post a Comment