Saturday, July 7, 2012

Moving up in the world

After plenty of furniture shopping (both physically driving around to stores and internet scouting), we decided to get Addie a day bed for her "big girl room". Eventually the plan is for her to take over the queen set but the transition from crib to queen is just too much (for me). We ended up ordering her a sleigh day bed with a trundle today and it is being delivered (set up included) on Thursday!

In the mean time I will easily be keeping myself busy looking up all the cute bedding out there. Addie has requested multiple times that there be red polka dots on the bed and officially claimed red and blue as her favorite colors. I can work with red and blue but have to convince Jim to repaint the walls. How would daddy like to try his hand at wallpaper too? Just one wall?!

I have started saving inspiration ideas to a Pinterest Board. Let me know if you spot (no polka dot pun intended) anything fun. I am leaving towards a plain quilt, polka dot sheets, fun rug and then tone-on-tone decals or wall paper on one wall. Or what about something like this for our little polka dot queen?!

3 comments:

Lidia said...

love the daybed!!!

Mom said...

Pretty perfect for out little girl who love polka dots!!

Mom said...

I mean OUR little girl....