Saturday, August 10, 2013

Amphibious

Yes I did get in some practice the other week, and while I did well this was easily the hardest event I have done in a long time. Much different but comparably difficult as a marathon. At the end of the first leg of trails (just a 5k) my legs felt like they had run a half marathon, which made the 2k paddle the "rest portion" of this event (what?!), but the third leg (another 5k of trails) was truly mind over matter. {Don't stop moving!} It was this mental toughness that helped me pass two guys during the final portion of the race. Both gave me props and a cheer of support as they graciously moved to the side to let me pass. I ended up finishing this race in 1:13:56, placing 5th overall and 1st female! Not sure where to log this in my PR stats but I definitely will not forget it.


This fantastic crew also offered their praise for my performance (and we had quite a few winners in this group) but nothing beats the conversation I had when called home after the race.
Addie: Hi mommy! Where are you?
Me: I just finished my race punkin'
Addie: Did you win?
Me: Actually yes!
Addie: A-W-E, S-O-me, Awesome Awesome Tot-ta-ly!

No comments: