Wednesday, September 18, 2019

New Challenges

So I did a thing today! I actually did plenty of things, but I did one particular THING I want to mention! I took my emotions about not going to Boston and registered for a race today. I can hear the reaction... "So what?! She races plenty so why is that a big deal?!"

If you think I am crazy now, I guess just wait! I signed up to compete in my first ever FIFTY MILER! The WC-50 Ultra Trail Marathon to be exact. So what exactly in an Ultra Marathon? Any footrace over the standard marathon distance of 26.2 miles is considered an ultramarathon. Typically they range between 50 kilometers (~31 miles) and 100 kilometers (~62 miles) though races go up to 100 miles. 

WC-50 logo

I have completed three 50k events over the past two years and in that short time I can tell you no two ultras are the same. (One was lake loops and one was actually 42 miles.) Talking splits, pace, even finish times is completely irrelative and totally specific to the event. What I do know, running is about perseverance and that will certainly be the case in 4 short weeks! Not ideal timing as will not have had the time to put in much training but this race fits with my family's schedule.  #MotherRunnerProblems 





No comments: