Spinach Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting… are you still with me!? I promise I have not lost my mind. Think about carrot cake or zucchini bread before you brush it off completely.
I recently went thru a big stack of recipes that were overtaking a corner of my pantry trying to only keep ones I actually see myself making in the near future. I wouldn’t have kept this one had I not just seen vegan cream cheese at my grocery store. It was sitting atop my slimmed down pile when were invited to dinner at a friend’s this weekend. “I’ll bring dessert!”
It was fairly simple to make and I really liked using my blender for all the mixing.
While Jim did not finish his slice both our hosts did and even asked for the recipe! I choose to believe she wasn’t just being polite. I hope so because I’ll certainly make it again.... Christmas or St Patrick’s Day maybe?! 😉
Recipe notes: I (accidentally) left out the salt, added extra spinach (to finish out a container), used lemon juice and then olive oil out of the choices listed and did half all purpose flour/half coconut flour. If I didn’t ruin it, you won’t! Enjoy!






2 comments:
I think cream cheese with anything is YUM!!
Interesting.
Post a Comment